Our philosophy has been to share knowledge and newly developed technologies with the scientific community in an attempt to improve the field of equine infectious diseases. Therefore, we are open to outside research requests and strongly interested into collaborative studies. Although our primary focus is directed towards research, we do offer fee-based services in order to support our research laboratory.
Our outside service is mainly focused towards the molecular investigation of outbreaks and the processing of large number of samples. Our state-of-the-art robotic extraction protocols and validated amplification assays guarantee timely and reliable results.
We routinely offer quantitative PCR assays for the following pathogens:
- Equine herpesvirus-1 [quantitative glycoprotein B gene, ORF 30 gene (differentiation between neuropathogenic (D752) and non-neuropathogenic strains (N752)), detection of mRNA transcripts for gB gene (differentiation between lytic and non-lytic infection)]
- Equine herpesvirus-4 [quantitative glycoprotein B gene, detection of mRNA transcripts for gB gene (differentiation between lytic and non-lytic infection)]
- Streptococcus equi subspecies equi (M protein gene)
- Equine influenza virus (hemagglutinin gene)
- Rhodococcus equi (Vap A gene)
- Salmonella sp. (invasion A gene)
- Neorickettsia risticii (16S rRNA gene)
- Lawsonia intracellularis (ammonia lyate gene)
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum (16S rRNA gene)
- Sarcosystis neurona (18S rRNA, ITS gene)
- Neospora hughesi (18S rRNA, ITS gene)
- Equine rhinitis A and B virus
- Equine Adenovirus
We do also offer the following serological analysis and collection material:
- EHV-1, EHV-4 type specific ELISA
- Lawsonia intracellularis IPMA
- Fecal albumin ELISA
- ECoV ELISA
- Rayon-tipped swabs
- Viral transport medium
We do accept various samples of equine origin from outside the United States. Please contact us for more information regarding import permit.